Hey Happy New Year!
Sorry it's taken so long to email you, I haven't been able to get back to you since last year! Haha-wow-It's great using that same joke we've all heard since 1st grade:) Original. bahaha! Anywho-hope you all had a Happy New Years Day! Here at the MTC we had quite the wild party! It was pretty wild-haha! Just kidding-no celebrations-well in my room at least. I hope that all is going well for you all!
The language is coming along really well-we are doing better at speaking it more and I feel that I can say a lot of what I want to say with just basic Khmer words and throwing in some english when i don't know what it is in Khmer. It's really crazy how much I've learned. I know that the gift of tongues is real. I remember being really frustrated trying to pray in just khmer because I felt really limited-but the other day I was asked to pray in class and I was able to say the whole thing in khmer and almost as fast as I might say it in English. It definitely takes diligence and work though-I have really noticed that when I work and study hard it pays off.
This week we now teach 2 investigators now-Phannat and Som. I feel that I am getting a lot better at planning and studying effectively. I firmly believe that the better you plan, the better you study, and when you do those things you become a much better missionary and are better able to teach to investigators needs and have the Spirit.
I noticed that eating 3 big meals a day and just sitting in class all day wasn't helping my girlish figure, and that I have been getting really out of shape-haha! So lately I've been trying a little bit to work at running and I've been doing some crazy ab workout and a pushup workout where you do like a 100 different pushups with some elders in my zone and eating a little more healthy so I feel like i'm getting back into pretty good shape:)
Elder Barney has a member of his home ward that works at the Provo temple and so today after the temple; Elder barneys friend was able to give us a tour of some of the temple that you don't normally see-like going on the roof and to see some of the construction and stuff, which was really cool!
This week we talked a bit about the Atonement and here are a couple of scriptures I love about it-3 Nephi 9:22, and D&C 18:14-I love it because it's Christ inviting us to humble ourselves and come unto Him-that's why he Atoned for us-Because He loves us and wants us to come back-Simple yet I love that!
Anywho-sorry that this email isn't too exciting..Just know that all is well with me, i pray that all is well for you too. I love you and hope you have a great week!:)
Srolan,
Eeldoo Garlick
No comments:
Post a Comment