How are you? I'm doing good!
This week was a good one; another good ol' week:) Well there was a day this week were it was the hottest day of the year for Cambodia and Battambang was the hottest city and it got up to like 41 degrees Celsius, which is approximately 105.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Yeah, Khnom cong ngoab! I wanted to die! haha. It was probably the hottest day of my life. But it's all good I feel like I am really used to the weather here now, it's weird to think about snow or chilly weather:)
This week we have had some really great experiences with investigators. We have an investigator named Om Sarin that we were reviewing about prophets with and talking about choosing the right and how prophets help guide us and all and in the lesson he asked us to be baptized! It was sweet we were taken by surprise but were really excited. It was really neat seeing how prepared he is and the desire that he has to receive this sacred ordinance. He has learned with the Elders before and just never had enough time but now he does and wants to learn. His wife is a member but works far away in Siem Reap and he has a child that just got baptized in Phnom Penh.
Another great experience was a lesson with Viilai, who is preparing to be baptized on May 12, she goes to school on Sunday and we were teaching about the Sabbath Day. We taught her about how on the Sabbath we are to do those things that direct our thoughts to the Lord and that we shouldn't be going to school. It was really hard for her to hear and she was struggling with it but we had a really great lesson that was filled with the Spirit and strengthened my testimony of the Sabbath and it's importance as we taught, shared experiences, and testified. You could just see the Spirit working in her and just softening her heart..We committed her to pray about it; the next day she said she prayed about it and that after her prayer she just really felt that yes she could do it. Then it turns out that after church she learned that there are not enough students so the teacher isn't teaching anymore(I am not sure if it was just this Sunday or forever?, I didn't understand fully?) but it was a really cool teaching experience that strengthened my testimony, especially of the importance of honoring the Sabbath day. I believe even more firmly that when we put the Lord first that everything else will always work out. Elder J. Devon Cornish said, "One of the secrets to a joyful life is to recognize that doing things the Lord's way will make me happier than doing things my way." I know that that is true! So I don't know why my actions don't always reflect that? But I know that when they do, that things always go good and I feel good about the things I do. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone of us and that its many times different than our own and that when we do things His way that we can become the person He wants us to become. And we'll be happy!
After a District Meeting this week we all went and visited a most faithful member family who has a daughter that has a heart problem and is dying. We went and visited them and Elder Oleson and Elder Wright gave this girl a blessing and it was the most beautiful blessing of comfort and of peace. This woman has had such a hard life and has been such a light to her family and is just the most faithful person. I feel so blessed that I was able to be there and to witness the blessing, the Spirit was so strong and I am even more grateful for the Plan of Salvation that gives us all such hope. I know that it is true and that we will have the opportunity to meet our loved ones again. I am so grateful for my mission and the opportunity to serve and have these experiences, I am also grateful for all that you do for me, for your love and support thanks for all that you do. Welp, I had better get going..have a great week!
Love,
Elder Garlick
Pics; I got my new name tag! Sweet right? Our Church in Battambang, really pretty! Like 5 months old.


No comments:
Post a Comment