Monday, October 1, 2012
Letter Sent on September 3, 2012
Hello Family!
How are you? I am doing terrific here in Sen Sok! We saw some really great things happen this past week. We have some investigators that are really progressing well. Our investigator Om Gum Tii is doing really well and like always comes to church for the full 3 hours and prays. She watches her two grandchildren and is very busy so the hard thing for her has been making time to get into the Book of Mormon. She said that she would like to read at night but that she has a hard time reading because the characters are too small and it's too dark. We were able to get a really big Book of Mormon from the Senior Couple, the Spencers, for her and she said she can read it. This is really exciting because she is doing so great and we know that as she does the Spirit will touch her and her testimony and conviction will grow even deeper.
We also have another investigator named Ming Sophiap whose next door neighbor is a member. They are good friends and the member was able to tell us some concerns that Sophiap had about not worshiping ancestors and not using little shrines in her home. We were able to have a really good lesson with her talking about the 10 commandments and doing work for the dead in the Temple and were able to help answer her questions and concerns. I am very grateful for Elder Hem, he really knows how big of a deal ancestors are and all about the culture so we were able to approach it in a good way. I am learning more about Cambodian culture and about respect from him. It also strengthened my testimony of member missionary work/friendship!
Things are going really great in our companionship! I have learned a lot from my mission so far about getting along with others and being submissive I am very grateful for and continue to learn more with Elder Hem. I have been trying to be selfless and serve him. I have also learned that doing little things like speaking English and trying to help teach him English really helps us get along and we have much greater unity. I am really learning that the more you put into it the greater things go. I want to really have genuine charity and love.
We had a good lesson with the Relief Society President yesterday about prayer and receiving guidance in our lives. Afterwards we asked her if she knew of anyone that she felt prayer and heavenly guidance could help and would have an interest in learning. She gave us 2 referrals that she is going to talk with about learning with us! It was fantastic!
We were surprised yesterday when the Branch Presidency changed! However, we have a really great relationship with the new Branch President Sii Knight and he has some great ideas to help the branch and a strong desire to help missionary work. We look forward to working with him and to continue to see the work here grow.
Things are going great here the work is going forward and we are learning and growing lots. I feel that the Lord is much more involved in this work than we realize.
Thanks for your prayers, fasting, love and emails. Even really simple things they really mean so much to me. More than you know. I love you!!!
Love,
Elder Garlick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment