Hey Family!
Hey how are you doing?? I am now in Sen Sok! I would not really consider it "in Phnom Penh" because it actually a very far bike ride away..for example it would take an hour and a half to bike to the mission home from here! It is a good hour bike ride away from the city. It is an extremely poor area-the poorest in the mission. It is all a very humbling experience. It is definitely a change from Battambang but I like it a lot and am excited to serve here. I am still trying to get to know the members and to figure things out; but things are going good!
I am super happy to be working with Elder Hem and we get along really well! He is a great Elder and we are really trying to help each other with the language; he helps me with Khmer, and I help him with English. He is my first Cambodian companion and I feel that us trying to help each other and us having a desire to learn and improve helps us have a good spirit of unity and service to one another. Elder Hem is very humble and has a sweet spirit about him. He is very kind and willing to help. He is 26 years old, which means he has a lot of experience to share. I am excited to learn and serve with him.
Things are going well and we will work our hardest and do our best!
I loved serving in Battambang and I miss the members and those whom I had the blessing of serving. I have so much to learn from their Christlike examples. I am excited to get to work here in SenSok and to fall in love with the people here! I have faith that there are going to be some great challenges and great miracles here!
Thanks for everything. I love you.
Love,
Elder Garlick
Pics; Sweet Sunset in Battambang!, The Chin Family, they are amazing members, and are some of the most angelic people I have met in my life. The whole family is so strong in the gospel. Most Sundays they would go to both branches. One of their sons is an RM and is the first counselor here in Sen Sok so it will be great working with him too! Om Sum-one of the funniest people in Battambang. He is just a lovable old man and has a strong desire to go to the temple and is preparing to go be sealed in Hong Kong! So Sai Sim, the Vietnamese man that we contacted a couple of weeks ago. Peckdei, he is the District President's son-in-law and he would help us with going to teach a lot! He is so humble and very loving. One of my favorite people I've met on my mission. Rit Sine, Me, Puu Roat, and Puu Maat. Puu Roat is such and example to me about the Sabbath day. He works for 24 hours straight on Saturday so that he can have Sunday off. Incredible faith. Tiavii and her family-learning again! Elder's Quorum Pres. Puu Salmon. President Bunno and his family.









No comments:
Post a Comment