Monday, August 27, 2012

Letter Sent on August 6, 2012


Dear family!
Hey! How are things? 
Things here in Battambang are going great!  This past Saturday we had a Book of Mormon finding activity that went awesome! We had a great turnout and ended up having around 250 to 300 people show up to it.  We saw a lot of members and investigators that came and a good amount of people that were not familiar with our Church.  There were Book of Mormon activities and games, rooms set up explaining the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and there was a great happy Spirit present.  I think that everyone had a good time and felt a special Spirit there.  We gave everyone agendas with places to write their name, number, and address, and thoughts.  We will be going through these and I am confident that we will be able to contact those who have potential and find more of those whom the Lord has prepared. Our prayers were answered and the activity was a success.

At the beginning of my mission when I first got to Battambang we were teaching this family; Tiavii and her husband Bong Tii, and her sisters.  They were doing great and having great experiences with the Book of Mormon, they were some of my favorite people to teach; Elder Nebeker and I loved them so much.  However, they ran into some financial troubles and there was some things that needed to be worked out so they were too busy to learn and we had to take a break from teaching them.
However, I am so happy to announce that they are learning again! They saw Elder Oleson and Elder Gerrard when they were going down the street and told them that they wanted to start learning again!  Sowandie came back from working in Thailand for a few months and we had the opportunity to start meeting them again.
We met them this past week with the Branch President; who is friend of theirs from their former Christian church, and who led them to our Church.  It was such a happy experience and the Spirit was definitely there, we invited them all to be baptized in that first appointment and they all accepted.  It was a very special experience and I felt SO happy seeing them again learning and being exciting and willing to make this sacred covenant with the Lord.  I am so grateful to see them come back and to recognize the Lord's love and mercy for all of His children!

Also, we had transfer calls last night! And I am being transferred this Friday..I will be going to Phnom Penh and to an area called Sensok and will be companions with Elder Hem.  My first Cambodian companion! I am sad and excited all at the same time.  I will miss Elder Jensen; we have become a lot closer and I am going to miss him and his fun sense of humor.  He is a great Elder! He is actually going to be training after I leave.   I love Battambang so much and the members here.  I am glad that things are picking up and that things are going so good here right now.  I feel so blessed to have been able to serve here, especially with these angelic members. I will miss them dearly but I know that the Lord knows where each missionary needs to go. 
I love you! I hope you have a great week! May the Lord continue to bless you.
With love,
Elder Garlick 

Pics: BOM activity. Food! Reading makes one tired! Virea, Siitate, and Rhytie(one of our Recent Converts) helping in a room, Our investigator Sokchen and a couple of his kids, BOM missionaries:)








No comments:

Post a Comment