Dear Family,
Hey! How's it going? I hope you had a great week! Well for me, this week was.... pretty crazy! Probably one of the craziest of my mission.
Well I haven't mentioned this prior-because I considered it private-but Elder Sprinkle actually has depression, and is actually diagnosed as having bi polar disorder. He has had it his whole mission and has been pushing through and battling with it, despite being asked a number of times if he would like to go home. He actually has not been diagnosed with any medication and there is no way for him to receive any here in Cambodia; so he has just had to push through. I really admire him so much for that and for his love for the Lord and his desire to do the work. However, as of late it was getting to be really hard and he was getting just so worn from battling it every day for the past 20 months and it was just beating him up. Both he and President Moon prayed about it and both received revelation that it was time that he go back to America and receive the medication that he needs. President Moon and his family did a dinner for him and there was a general authority there (Elder Wilson of the 70; who was here for a District Conference) and we were able to take care of all the things that he wanted to do before he left. Elder Sprinkle was honorably released and he went back home to Maryland on Friday.
I am grateful that things worked out the way that they did. It was so neat to hear about the revelation that both Elder Sprinkle and President Moon received that helped them both know that it was time for him to go get the treatment that he needed. I remember talking to him about it and he might have felt a little sad about leaving a few months early(which is to be expected); however, he said he was really at peace with the whole deal and I'm sure very excited to be reunited with his family once again. It was confirmed that it was the right time to go home and that he had served the full mission that the Lord wanted him to serve. I am very proud of him. I really do love Elder Sprinkle so much! He really was one of my favorite companions, he was an amazing missionary and he still is! Although there were unexpected obstacles I very much enjoyed and grew tons from the time that we had to serve together. I really learned so much from him and a lot about patience and about being more charitable. I miss him but I am excited for him to get the medicine and relief that he deserves.
Afterwards I was with one of the APs, Elder Pearson, for a day-which was crazy because I got to help translate for President Moon and Elder Wilson! I was pretty nervous about doing it but it turned out being pretty fun:)
And right now Elder Hem and I are proselyting in Sen Sok which is very fun and effective. We both know the area really good and we are excited to meet with the investigators and members here whom we have grown to love. And then last night was transfer calls-and it turns out I am being transferred to another area just outside the city called Tak Kamou! It was extremely unexpected because I have only been in Sen Sok for 2 transfers and not the "usual 4". I honestly have mixed feelings-I am sad to leave because I love this area and the members here a lot and I was really looking forward to serving them longer-however, I am so very excited to go and to serve in Tak Kamou! Elder Hem and me will be proselyting here in Sen Sok together until transfers on Friday-we will do our best and work our very hardest! I have got to go cause we are going to have fun at some mountain place today and right now I am being hurried! Thanks for everything you do! Okay, I love you! Talk with you again next week!
Love,
Elder Garlick






No comments:
Post a Comment