Dear Family,
Hi how are you?? I hope that all is going well and that
life is good. Things here in Sen Sok are going pretty good. I am
afraid I really don't have too much to say this past week about the
area; Elder Sprinkle was feeling sick; and we went to Phnom Penh for a
couple of days for Conference! I was so excited for it and it did not
disappoint! (Maybe this is old news; but hey we were 2 weeks behind this
time!) It was an amazing conference and it really lifted me up and
strengthened my testimony. There was such a strong Spirit there and
there was just so much pure doctrine taught and powerful testimonies
borne.
I love this Gospel and I love this Church. It is indeed so inspired and
truly is the Lord's Kingdom. Lately, I have thought more about what a
blessing it is to have a prophet..and indeed it is! Could you imagine
having to go through life not knowing the truth or not having the
direction and counsel of the Lord's servants? That would be so hard. I
feel so blessed that we have the leaders that we do. It just goes to
show the great love which our Heavenly Father has for each of us. We
may not be able to see Him now, but He has blessed us with prophets
whose inspired teachings come straight from Him to guide us back to
Him. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet! I was
touched by his words and incredible example of following the Holy
Ghost. By the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all
things. I know that the Holy Ghost bore testimony to me of the divinity
of this church. I am excited to further study and ponder the teachings
from Conference and see the difference that it makes.
May we all "follow the prophet he knows the way"! I love you and I hope that you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Garlick
Pics;
When we go to the city we always try and go somewhere good to eat
(because there is 0% good restaurants in Sen Sok, serious, we have
looked for a while..) and we went to this Japanese place, Shabu Shabu.
It's pretty cool you have like a soup boiling in front of you and there
is a conveyer belt of sushi and meets going by and you can cook it and
stuff! Pretty good stuff.
Bike shot of the city. Me and my new friends:) (I was probably lucky to
not be kicked.) One of the funnest parts of Conference was hanging out
with people from my MTC group. Here is Elder Barney(my favorite
companion) Elder Kaufman, me, Elder Sprinkle. Elder Decker. Elder
Jongsma. Okay peace out!



.jpg)
+2.jpg)
+3.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment