Monday, October 7, 2013

Letter Sent on December 10, 2012


Dear Family,


Hey hey! How are you doing? I am doing great! Things here in Ta Khmao are going just swell.  This week I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Rucker and he came into my area and we had a ton of stuff fall through, haha- The joys of missionary work:) So we decided to go and look for less active members and to go find people in my CBR book(our missionary record book for all the members) We went and found one but they weren't home and then after we decided to say a prayer asking for direction and that we would be led to those to talk with.  Soon afterwards we started biking to a different part of town to try and find another lost sheep when someone on the side of the rode called out, "Elder!" We turned around and went back and it turns out it was a less active member who had moved to Phnom Penh and had recently come back to Ta Khmao! We were able to talk with him and schedule a time to meet with him and help him become active again. Super neat! I love how the Lord leads us to those people who we need to meet and I am so grateful for that.  It always seems that whenever we take a moment to pause and pray that we always seem to see miracles and receive direction.  I know that the Lord knows where each of His children are and takes care of them.
Yesterday was transfer calls! Initially, we thought that nothing was going to change and that it would be the same house: Elder Sem, Elder An, Elder Rucker, and me. My favorite house yet.  But surprise! Elder Rucker got called to be an Assistant to the President and Elder Sem is getting transferred to go "whitewash" in Phnom Penh. With that I got called to be a District Leader and my new companion is going to be another Elder Jensen! Yeah I didn't see that one coming.  So I am pretty sad that I won't have the privilege of being companions with Elder Sem another transfer.. I really love him and we've had a lot of fun together! I'll miss him.  I am also going to have a very humbling and learning experience of being a District Leader. So that will be fun! I find that during my mission the Lord always is pushing and stretching us to be our very best. Just when it gets kinda comfortable you get pushed a little bit harder and given more opportunities to learn and grow.  I am grateful for that.  I love Him, I love this work, and I love being a missionary.  Also, I love you! I hope that you have a super week! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Elder Garlick

My SD card is being crazy and won't open up on the computer but will when it's in the camera?? I'll try and figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment