Hey hey Fam Fam!
Welp, turns out quire is actually CHOIR. I had just sent the email when I asked another elder and he was like,..."uh..c-h" Haha I felt pretty silly! Guess the language is just taking over! And yeah we got in to sing in the choir, it was the 50th anniversary of the MTC and Elder Nelson and Elder Holland came and spoke with us. So it was definitely a great experience! I was happy to be able to hear their sweet messages.
Anywho, things at the MTC are going great. The language is going well, and the teaching is getting better. We had a 40 minute lesson in the TRC-where volunteers come and be taught just as themselves- pretty much all of them are rms from Cambodia:) And that was probably one of the greatest lessons we have had. We actually taught our old teacher Lookruu Godfrey and it was a really neat experience. The Spirit was strong. I really like the MTC and being a zone leader and all-I am learning so much everyday and becoming a better person and leader. So, I'm very grateful for that assignment to serve in.
I am SOOO EXCITED to get to Cambodia. I try and imagine what it will be like and I know that it will just be unreal and very difficult at times...but, I honestly think I have no idea how much of a culture shock it is going to be and at the same time how incredible it will be. Only 2 weeks left!! In two weeks I'll be on a 24hour trip to Cambodia! I really like the MTC but not gonna lie...after 10 weeks I'm starting to get down right antsy to go out into the field! Our teachers showed us some pictures of some of the people and as they talk about them..ah!...I'm just so excited to serve them. I already feel great love for them! and...Ah! I'm just stoked.
Quick spiritual thought. You should all read Alma 32. I love this chapter-verse 27 where even if we can just have a desire to believe and experiment (act/live) the word, we can know of the truth! And john 7:17 I love, If we will be obedient and live the doctrines we can know of the truth. I just think these scriptures and how we need to continually be nourishing our testimonies otherwise they will wither and die. Let us all smile and live the truths that we know to be true, as we are obedient our testimonies will be strengthened, and we'll be closer to our Heavenly Father. And we'll be happy:) I know this Church is true and the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ makes me so happy! I love you all and thank you so much for your love and support! Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Tanner Garlick
No comments:
Post a Comment