Hello there! I hope that all is well:)
This week has been good, and I hope it was the same for you.
It is crazy that I am going to be on a plane to Cambodia in 3 weeks from today!!! 3 WEEKS! Wow, time is just a flyin'! It seems crazy that this is my 9th week here. The days can be really long, but the weeks just zip by. I swear it was yesterday that I was sending my last email. And I'll probably be thinking the same thing next week. The language is coming along really well, I feel so blessed and feel that I can say really most of what I want to say. The reading is still really tough and I can understand some words when I read the Book of Mormon, however, I have a hard time relating the whole passage and it still takes a really long time to try and sound it all out... But I can see that it is getting better and I am sure that it will only continue to!
Well today is the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the MTC so it is supposed to be quite the celebration, rumors have been flying around for months now about our devotional tonight. I have heard the 1st Presidency is coming and even that all or most of the Apostles will be there! We won't know for sure until the devotional though. Although our branch presidency was telling us that there are going to be a lot of guests and media so I can only imagine... Because of that there is going to have to be an overflow because they can't fit all of the missionaries in there with the guests(I heard there's gonna be like 700!) And the place only sits like 2100, and every missionary is dying to be in there. Plus the missionary quire(quoir quier?, can't remember how to spell that-maybe that is a good sign;) gets to sit in there so there will be a limited number of seats and the rest will have to watch it in the overflow. Well me and some other elders in my district were clever and decided to join the Missionary Qword! Haha, so we are going to be singing and get some seats:) But we weren't the only ones that came up with this smart idea but got to qword practice early enough to get a seat! They actually had to turn elders away because they didn't have enough qword seats for everyone. So we'll be singing tonight and we'll see who the speakers are. I'm really looking forward to it!
Since I have been here I have felt so much love for the people of Cambodia. Last week one of our Luukroos was testifying and telling us how great the Cambodian people are. He told us that as soon as we get there we will understand and regret it if we waste anytime here. I just felt so much love for the people of Cambodia and know that they are going to teach me so much and change me as I am blessed with the opportunity to serve them! I know that in a few weeks I am going to be experiencing culture shock times 10, and will be super confused-but ahh! I'm SO EXCITED!!:) I hope you know that I love this work and love being a missionary! I don't really tell about my hard times too much and this has all definitely not been easy, but I feel like I have already changed a lot. If I had to come home right now I would already be a better person-I can only imagine 2 years of this! I hope you know that I love Jesus Christ. I know that this is is plan and that he loves all of us. I know that the BOM is true and what peace it brings! I testify that Christ died for us and understands us. And that He lives for us now(Alma7:11-13). I hope you know that I love you and am so grateful for your support. Have a great week! Until then, "Mian so?phea?meangkual!"
Love
Elder Garlick
No comments:
Post a Comment