Suasdei!
How’s it going?? Things here are great, I’m supposed to go to the travel office in an hour but just thought I’d drop you a line real quick:) This week was great. Just getting ready to go! Super Excited!!!!! Oh yeah cool story, so David Tenney came into the MTC on Wed. and I actually was escorting again that day. I thought it would be so cool if I could escort one of my best buds! I knew the odds were very slim. But I prayed that I could have the opportunity to escort him and see him. I would be cool if I couldn't but I prayed that I could. And guess what? I escorted him:) Out of all the what 400 missionaries that come in I was able to get to escort him. I saw his car drive past and I hurried and ran down just a couple of stations and was able to say hi to the Tenneys and escort him. It was really cool. I was grateful for that prayer answered. Some might say it's just a coincidence but I feel it was an answer to my prayers. It wasn't even a big thing but it meant a lot to me that our Heavenly Father was that mindful of just a silly desire I had and answered my prayers. I love Him.
I just want to testify about the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. It is the word of God. It testifies of Jesus Christ and confirms the truthfulness of the Prophet Joseph Smith, and the Restoration. All objections rest on this Book. I love this book, whenever I read it I just feel happier and feel peace. I feel closer to Heavenly Father and learn so much through the Holy Ghost. I love this Book and know that it will change the world as it already is. I am so thankful for it-what a privilege it is to read it!
I just want to issue you all a quick challenge: Read the Book of Mormon a chapter a day for the next two years-till I come back, and hopefully beyond that. I promise to do the same:) Even if it''s hard and you can only get in a verse then I feel that that is a battle won! So yeah wanna do it? I promise that we will all have our testimonies strengthened, have peace and the Spirit and draw closer to our Heavenly Father. President Hinckley said, "Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power...Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hears...the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God'.
I don't know about you but if I was to read it those would be the exact things I'd wish for-stronger testimony, spiritual strength and desire to CTR, and the Spirit! Anywho, those are some of my thoughts and I just love the Book of Mormon, now more than ever, and this work. I hope you'll all try and do this and see the difference in your life. I also just want to say thanks for all of your love and support! My world is going to get turned upside down in a day or two. But I am so excited:) I am receiving more prayers right now at this time than I ever will again for the rest of my life-so thank you so much and know I appreciate it and am so grateful for all of you! I love you! And I hope you have an incredible week.
Love,
Elder Garlick
No comments:
Post a Comment