Hey! Thanks for your emails and letters and everything they mean a lot!:)
This week has been good, last week we had the privilege of hearing from Elder Russel M. Nelson of the Quorum of the 12, So that was pretty neat:) He talked about the gathering of Israel.
We did a complete SYL Day yesterday where we would say nothing at all in English. As a district we decided to do this every Monday and Friday for the rest of the time here. We should be Syling as much as we can everyday but on these days we do 100% Cambodian and 0% English, we don't even talk to other missionaries who don't speak Cambodian in English. I was kinda excited and apprehensive about doing it, but we got through pretty much the entire day with only slipping in a handful of English words! Last night we did some planning and coaching from the teachers so we kinda used a bunch of English then. I really thought it went well, I can testify of the gift of tongues, I've been having a harder time listening than I have had speaking, even when I know the word sometimes I will have a hard time recognizing it when someone else says it. But yesterday I felt like I could understand the majority of what my teacher was saying which was really cool and I know that when we work hard the Lord will bless us!:) Oh and we got an investigator of ours, Som, to commit to baptism so that is awesome! Yesterday he was asking us about how long he would be under the water, i was having the hardest time understanding but peeked in my dictionary and was able to understand what he was asking!
I have been really pretty under the weather the past few days.. I have had a slight cold for the past couple of weeks but on like Saturday/Sunday it really has gotten a lot worse, in our zone leader meeting with the Branch presidency, my branch president told me to go to the health clinic if i was still feeling sick in a couple of days, I have a doctors appointment later today. Another elder told me I might have a nasal infection and to go to the health clinic too, so hopefully they will be able to help me out with that and so I can get working a 100 percent again! I got a blessing last night from some my companion and another elder in my district. I'm grateful for priesthood power!
Anywho, I am sorry this email isn't the most exciting but just know that the language is coming and so is my love and testimony of this gospel!
Love and appreciate you all and the sacrifices you make on my behalf, and the time you spend to shoot me a quick email or letter:) Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Garlick
No comments:
Post a Comment