Cumreapsua! Hey how's it going?
I hope that all is well. Thanks for
the emails and all, love reading them, I always get really excited for Pdays
for that reason, probably too much haha!:)
Welp, this week was pretty rough
with trying to meet investigators, a lot are just super busy right now and out
of town. It is actually Cole Chnam Khmer, The Khmer New Year, this friday.
And it's like a huge deal so everyone goes to their hometowns and everything to
celebrate with their family and it seems like it takes up a couple of weeks
leading up to the day that people are celebrating and not wanting to meet and
stuff. So the holiday is actually this week and so it might be another rough
one..haha we'll see! But we'll do our best, so know worries:) But yeah anywho..
We went and visited Dei this week
just to see how she and Daro are doing and she actually said that they want to
start learning again (after Cole Chnam, imagine that?haha) But this was really
exciting and such a miracle, they are almost finished with the lessons and I
will sure hope and pray that they will continue to progress.
We did a lot of contacting this week
when plans and lessons fell through and saw miracles there too. We had visited
a member family and asked for any referrals, they told us of a former
investigator who lived nearby and that worked at a wood shop, so we went to the
woodshop and we actually were talking to the head guy and asking about this
former investigator and it turns out the boss was a former investigator too!
Crazy. The boss, he went and grabbed his BOM and he told us that he
actually reads it everynight, so we actually sat there and talked with him for
a while and it turns out he is really busy and his wife doesn't like him
learning at all...so we actually prayed with him and challenged him to pray
that his wife's heart might be softened. Really cool it would be incredible to
start teaching him. He is a pretty strange man, kinda odd. But hey I
guess that means we'd get along well right?:)
Also we got a referral from a member
about a neighbor that moved in and who she has just been being friendly
to. We went and contacted her and it turns out she believes in Jesus
Christ and has for a year now. She says she was baptized and stuff in a
different church but she just got married a while ago and her husband doesn't
believe and so she hasn't been going to church. We made an appointment with her
for this week but she actually called us before we came to email and told us
that she can't learn right now because her husband doesn't want her to..she is
super nice and I feel like she is very prepared for the message! I have faith
that things will work out and that with prayer and persistence his heart will
be softened. We actually met another family when we were talking to her
that are from Thailand and are here for the holiday, we made an appointment
with them all for next week! It's just so cool seeing the miracles of the Lord
and how these people are put in our path.
Conference. Wow wasn't it amazing??
I have never experienced conference like that before. I don't know did it
just have a different feel to it this time? Or maybe I was just seeing it differently.
I just learned so much, and just felt so uplifted during it. My testimony
was really strengthened and I feel that it was just what I needed.
Something that I love hit me with a lot of power was in Dallin H. Oaks talk
when he related that story about a young man who was knew that he was forsaking
everything he knew for the gospel and when asked if he was willing to do that
said, "It's true, isn't it?"..."Then what else
matters?" I am so thankful for latter-day prophets and I know that
they are called of God to share with us what He would have us hear. I
know that this work is true and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way
to true and lasting happiness. I am so thankful for my mission, my
testimony has grown so much and continues to. I am so grateful for
prayer.
It's true, isn't it? Then what else
matters?
I hope you have a great week, love
you tons!
Love,
Elder Garlick
Pics, Guy that fixes our bikes-cool
guy! Doing some fun service for a member (there was originally water in them :)
.




No comments:
Post a Comment