Sunday, November 4, 2012

Letter Sent on October 1, 2012

Dear Fam Fam,

Hey, how are you? I am doing great. Things are going great, I am in Phnom Penh right now emailing you...fun stuff! It is pretty crazy biking around in the big city.  It is nothing like biking on the side of the road in Lehi that's for sure!  It is crazy how close all of the cars and motos get and it is always like my "spidey senses are tingling"! Haha, fun stuff.  But yeah it's a good hour long bike ride to go to the mission home...but hey we are getting good exercise right?

Things here in Sen Sok are going well. This past week we had an investigator recieve baptism and it was the old branch president's grandson named Bol.  His parents are not members but he lives right by his other family members that are members.  He is being a great example for his family and friends.  He was so excited to be baptized and their was a lot of support from the Primary kids and the Primary Presidency. He was very nervous and excited but he was so happy afterwards.  We will continue to strengthen him and help make sure his family will continue to support him as well.  His uncle Cenda and other members that live around him help him and would help him get to church.  We will help make him strong. 

Elder Sprinkle is awesome! He is a really funny guy and he is a great missionary, we get along great and I am learning a lot from him.

I came across a verse today in Alma 53:10 and it kinda hit me how the people of Ammon were converted unto the Lord because of the word and power of God not by the missionaries. I started studying more about conversion and I am learning more about conversion through the Spirit and how this is the real "aim" for the investigators, the members, and even myself-indeed for all of us!  It just seemed to "click" a little bit more today.  I am excited to study more about conversion.  I still remember what Elder Bednar talked about at Christmas many months ago, he talked about how testimony is not enough we need to become truly converted.  He said that, "Testimony is to know something to be true and Conversion is being true to what you know."  I hope that I can continue to help the people here in Cambodia in growing in testimony but even more than that to become more converted.  I am grateful for my testimony and for the conversion I have already experienced and will continue to experience on my mission and throughout my life.  Things are going good here in Sen Sok and we'll work our hardest!  I love you, and I hope that you have an awesome Conference weekend!!

Love,

Elder Garlick

 

Pics. Bol and Friends. Guy plowing a field.







No comments:

Post a Comment