Dear Family,
Hey! How's it going?? This past week things have been going really
good! It seems like it has gone by so quickly! Like somtimes it's hard
to even remember what new things have happened! But yeah there have been
a lot of exciting things happening here in Sen Sok.
We had a baptism this past week with Ming Sophea! She is an incredible woman. Her baptism went well and I feel that she had a great experience. It was so great to see her be baptized and to enter into this covenant and start a new life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am very grateful for her and for the progress that she has made. I remember when we taught her the Word of Wisdom and she told us that she used to occasionally drink with her friends but that when she started learning with us she stopped and therefore, she had already stopped drinking even before we taught her about it. She has just such a strong desire to do good and she really always tells us that the things we teach her are good. Anywho, it was just great seeing the progress she has made and how the members have helped her. I feel so blessed to be able to serve, I know that I am very imperfect and I know that the great success and growth here is not from me but is the work of the Lord. I am just grateful for His love in letting me be a part of it.
We had a baptism this past week with Ming Sophea! She is an incredible woman. Her baptism went well and I feel that she had a great experience. It was so great to see her be baptized and to enter into this covenant and start a new life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am very grateful for her and for the progress that she has made. I remember when we taught her the Word of Wisdom and she told us that she used to occasionally drink with her friends but that when she started learning with us she stopped and therefore, she had already stopped drinking even before we taught her about it. She has just such a strong desire to do good and she really always tells us that the things we teach her are good. Anywho, it was just great seeing the progress she has made and how the members have helped her. I feel so blessed to be able to serve, I know that I am very imperfect and I know that the great success and growth here is not from me but is the work of the Lord. I am just grateful for His love in letting me be a part of it.
This week with transfers I said bye bye to Elder Hem, who is an
amazing missionary who has really taught me so much; and said hello to
Elder Sprinkle! I am really so excited to be serving with him. He is
from Maryland, and he has about 5 months left on his mission. We have
only been companions for a few days now but we have already been doing
some great work and have had some great lessons in which the Holy Ghost
has guided us. I love how Elder Sprinkle listens to the members and
investigators with love, and then on top of that he also listens for the
Spirit and follows the promptings he receives. I am already learning a
lot and I am confident that we will see some great things continue to
happen in Sen Sok! We are going to exercise faith in especially finding a
new family. We get along real good and I am excited for things to
come! I love the Lord and I love His Gospel.
Thank you for all that you do and for your letters of encouragement
and love. I hope you know that I really really do love you! And I
pray that you will have a fantastic week this week.
Love,
Elder Garlick
Elder Garlick
Pics; Pekdei and Pektra and Preahkompii Momon; Picture doesn't do
this sunset justice at all! Elder Hem is very talented;) Flowers. Ming
Sophea and friends, Elder Sprinkle is in the back! And Elder Sprinkle
showed me to this Belgiam restaurant that has the famous "Bazooka
Burger" a missionary favorite;)





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment