Sunday, November 4, 2012

Letter Sent on October 8, 2012


Dear Family,

I love Elder Sprinkle and he has so many great ideas and insights on how to do missionary work.  We are trying to set regular dates and times to meet with investigators, less actives, and recent converts. We also have a desire to go and try to find Less Actives and help them come back to the fold.  Elder Sprinkle is an amazing Elder and I am so blessed to be companions with him.
This week in Sen Sok was pretty good! We had a great lesson with a lady named Ming Map, who is a less active member who has some children who are active members and actually her son-in-law, Bong Mauv, is learning with us right now.  She is a very funny lady and she is very sarcastic, haha:) We ended up talking about prayer and praying with our families. I remember she used to not be praying and now she says she is praying but not quite everyday and she also talked about praying with her family before eating too.  It was great to see her smile as she talked about her experience with prayer in her family.  I think that she definitely felt of the Spirit.  I am so grateful for all of you and for the opportunity that I had to share about how praying with my family has blessed my family.  I really am so grateful for that and for you.  I have fond memories of praying together before school and every night.  Prayer is such a blessing and looking back I see how it helped and continues to help us feel greater love for one another and for the Lord. At the end of the lesson she gave a really sincere prayer asking for help with coming back to church and being a strong member again. She even came to church on Sunday too! I love her and her family and I am confident that she is going to become a strong and active member again.
I actually don't get to watch conference until 2 weeks later because there is a Cambodian holiday or something this week.  However I am so very excited!! I have hear some really exciting things happened!:)
I love being a missionary and I love the opportunity to serve.  I know that this work is true.  I love you! Have a terrrrific week!

Love,
Elder Garlick

PS. I just figured out that you can look on LDS.org where missionaries in your stake are serving! Crazy! I'm like freaking out seeing were all these friends have left after me are going! Tanner Eastmond is in Elder Mathis' mission. Wow crazy!! Wow! I guess I have been on my mission for a while if I get this pumped seeing other missionaries mission calls!!! Haha, Wow!!.. okay. I need to chill out.. Talk to you next week:)
Pics; Kids playing soccer, Cute balding neighbor boy haha:), The Sun, in Cambodia! This "Chaa" (Stir Fry) It was a pineapple chaa, not gonna lie I can kinda cook now. This is the road that we have to bike down all the time to go to Phnom Penh.






No comments:

Post a Comment